Phase 5: Sample Homeworks #115 – 191.
Summary. With any luck, by the end of this Chapter – which could well occur before your child enters first grade – your child will be reading chapter books and doing math well above grade level.
Phase 5 Objectives.
· Continue to do Field Work regularly;
· Introduce three-digit and larger numbers;
· Learn addition with carrying (regrouping);
· Learn simple two-digit subtraction;
· Learn subtraction with borrowing (regrouping);
· Read at a chapter book level;
· Read chapter books for fun, solo;
· Understand the base ten place system (ones column, tens column, hundreds column);
· Learn to read and identify fractions;
· Add fractions having the same denominator;
· Multiply two-digit numbers;
· Multiply two-digit numbers with carrying;
· Work on curing Sammy’s problems in pronouncing the “r” sound;
· Introduce three-dimensional shapes;
· Continue and expand work on intersection pictures; and
· Introduce plane geometry (lines, rays, line segments).